We organiseren op 12 mei 2022 een nieuwe studiedag Emotienetwerken in samenwerking met de Reinwardt Academie en dit keer is de bijeenkomst volledig in het Engels! Omdat deze bijeenkomst in het Engels is, hebben we de tekst ook in het Engels geschreven en hieronder geplaatst. Aanmelden kan via deze link, maar lees vooral hieronder nog even de details door. En hier zijn foto’s te bekijken van een eerdere studiedag Emotienetwerken bij ons op locatie.
Study day Emotionnetworking
- For whom: Professionals working with and in heritage and culture, who are familiar with, or want to learn more about emotion networking as a methodology. There is space for 25 participants.
- Why: Heritage and emotions are closely related. Just think about debates about slavery and colonialism or discussions on more rigorous regulation or even prohibition on (consumer) fireworks. Emotion networking is an exercise and method that provides insights into complicated interplays between emotions, interests and different types of knowledge, and between items of heritage and people. Everyone can benefit from an increased understanding of the complex interplay of emotions and interests surrounding heritage. The purpose of the study day is to gain (and grow) experience with emotion networking and to exchange knowledge and experience with the practice, method and its applications.
- When: 12 May 2022 Thursday 10:00 – 16:30
- Deadline to register: 1 May 2022 Sunday
- Where: Imagine IC, Bijlmerplein 393, 1102 DK Amsterdam Zuidoost
- Registration fee: € 75 including lunch, exclusive BTW. Please find an overview of financial accessibility resources for professional training (in Dutch) here.
Emotion networking is an exercise and method that provides insights into complicated interplays between emotions, interests and different types of knowledge, and between items of heritage and people. The aim is for participants to notice changes in these relationships and to become (more) aware of the complex dynamics surrounding heritage. In this way, they develop competencies to relate critically to processes of heritage making. These skills can help us, as society, deal with the past in the present, which is often emotionally charged.
Since its development at the Reinwardt Academie (Hester Dibbits) and Imagine IC (Marlous Willemsen), Emotion Networking is being used more and more both nationally and internationally for research, day-to-day heritage practice and education.
We welcome you to join us at Imagine IC in Amsterdam Zuidoost on Thursday 12 May from 10:00 – 16:30 for a Study Day in Emotion Networking. The purpose of the study day is to gain (and grow) experience with the method, as well as to exchange knowledge and experience with the method and its applications. The program will be divided into two parts: in the morning we will work on coaching and facilitating skills, and in the afternoon, we will discuss the method’s application in different contexts, taking on board participants’ own practices, cases and questions.
Following this study day, you will have the skills, tools and network to begin integrating Emotion Networking into your practice, in your work and/or research. You will also come away with (more) experience with Emotion Networking and a tangible handle on current developments in this area. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to present issues and cases relevant to your practice and to spar with your fellow colleagues and practitioners. All participants will receive a reference document outlining the process of emotion networking.
11:00 Emotion networking method training
13:30 Introduction afternoon program
13:45 Applying the emotion networking method in different contexts.
Based on feedback from registrations until now topics may include:
- Emotion networking as a tool for social dialogue
- Emotion networking on location around an object
- Emotion networking with youth
15:15 Closing and drinks
For more information you can email email@example.com